Heads Up, Commandos!
General Steel issued the mandate – stop VENOM’s latest scheme at all costs! Mirage gathered the initial intel, Top Boss crunched the numbers, and Uplink sent out the call. Now Sundown is calling you onto the Hornet so he can get you to the rendezvous with the rest of your mission team.
Now it’s up to you and your fellow Commandos to work up the plan, insert into the op-zone, bypass security, talk your way past the front office people, hack the systems, and take out the Pythons you find guarding that last vault.
It all comes down to making a good plan and executing a solid operation! The Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual is everything you need to generate adventures and scenarios, as well as learn all about the world of VENOM Assault and Freedom Squadron:
- The new and highly innovative Plans & Operations rules, developed by Sean Patrick Fannon to enable GMs and players to narratively work together to create immersive, multi-faceted “mission montages” that use all of a team’s skills and resources while encouraging maximum narrative creativity for each player.
- A Mission Generator that works for Freedom Squadron or any modern post-modern setting featuring military and special operative heroes.
- A richly detailed history of the world of Freedom Squadron and VENOM, with a Timeline that covers everything from pre-history all the way through the end of World War III and the founding of Freedom Squadron.
- A system of special Mission Rewards that includes a new Contacts system, enabling players to develop special connections and relationships with specialists who can help them in future missions.
- Files and stats for lots of VENOM bad guys as well as Mission Specialists that can be called in to fill gaps in a team’s capabilities.
“Savage Worlds was created to handle the kinds of games I often like to play and run, where you can be a badass fighter or wizard or whatever, but you can also be a leader. A planner. I’m proud of how the game accommodates that, and my friend Sean Patrick Fannon has added even more to it in Freedom Squadron.
I had a blast in the Plans & Operations phase riffing off the other players, figuring out how best to use our individual characters’ skills, and then watching it all come together in the adventures that followed. Sean isn’t afraid of big games and big ideas, and this may be his best yet. I can’t wait to back, buy, and run it myself!” – Shane Hensley, Creator of Savage Worlds
Grab this manual and get cracking on missions against VENOM and the other threats that endanger the whole world. Welcome to Freedom Squadron!
Note: This product was written for Savage Worlds Deluxe. Please see the Freedom Squadron Field Manual for the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition updated rules.